Friday, December 24, 2010

#358/365--With One Week Left...


Happy Birthday to my Angel.
Born to me 11 years ago
My Christmas present.
You were a surprise to us,
Most precious.
Weighing in at 9 pounds
Measuring 21 inches,
you made your appearance to us
around 1 in the afternoon.
Michael Sebastian.
It took us two days to decide what to name you.
We liked several names, but finally settled on the one you got.
Michael after your dad and Sebastian--after the Saint for athletes
of which you are a very good one!
I can't believe you are Eleven.
You are smart.  You are perceptive.  You are sensitive.
You are gifted at drawing, constructing, and melting my heart.
At bedtime, we have this routine.
I say, "I love you." You say, "I love you more."
and we go back and forth for awhile about
how much we love each other,
finally ending the way it began, me saying, "I love you."
You saying, "I love you more."
But, young padawan.
Little do you know a mother's heart for her son.
While I was pregnant, I wondered if, after I loved Lauren so very much,
would I have enough love for you...
Unbelievably more than I could ever imagine. 
My heart explodes with love for you.
So, Mikey, it is I that love you more.
More than you'll ever know.
Happy Birthday to my sweet son.
I love you.
(picture taken by Lisa Gonzalez, 12/18/2010)

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, tears are running down my face, and my heart is smiling ear to ear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You're making me cry too! Happy belated birthday Mikey!

    ReplyDelete