Monday, June 21, 2010

#172/365--Austin

What a fun little trip this has been so far...and we just got here around 3pm today!
The first place we visited was the Capitol building. But I had no idea where to park being that this was my first trip here as the SOLO adult--and the one navigating at that! So I took a picture of the spot so I'd always remember it (and also, IN CASE I needed it in order to get my car from being impounded or other).




Then we went to a pizza place off of 6th street--"Frank & Angie's Pizzeria." We heard the hamburgers were good at the Hut place but we were in the mood for pizza. This is a pic Lauren took of the pizza plate after we were done.



Our next stop was Amy's Ice Cream. It was a surprise to the kids--and me, too! I've only been there once before. I remembered how awesome it was and thought it'd be a fun place for the kids. Problem is, I didn't know where it was, what it was called, or how to get there. After texting a friend, using the app "Around Me," and also the GPS on my phone which is WONDERFUL, we ended up at Amy's with no mistakes!



Needless to say, they were pleasantly surprised! YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment