Monday, May 17, 2010

#137/365--No Picture

I don't have a picture of the day for today. I'm feeling bombarded by life right now and the one thing I can do to get me thru it is to, simply, pray. Oddly enough, I think I've been having minor panic attacks lately--today I had a pretty strong one (I do intend on making a doctor visit). Along with feeling depressed and unable to lose weight, these panic attacks make me wonder if something deeper is going on. Tonight, we had a little bit of extra time, so we did a "Family Devotional," something we used to do every night but have sort of gotten away from lately, with busy schedules, etc. The devotion was on Peace. And the verse is one of my favorites. It comes from Philippians 4:6-7 and it says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Needless to say, I'm feeling a little more peaceful after having read that. Thanks for reading my blog. More pictures soon to come...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that! I really needed to hear that passage too. I almost thought of making it my fb status!! I need to read it over and over to rid myself of my anxiousness! I am trying to remember that it's all in God's hands and he has our family and will care for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god talks to us all the time we just have to stop and listen... - glad he talked to you and glad you listened :O) Love you - rest! ~ allie

    ReplyDelete