Saturday, May 22, 2010

#140/365--Birthdays and Such...


Thursday, May 20, 2010, was Lauren's 13th birthday. Whew--Already??!! It's gone by way too fast. I remember, Lauren, when you used to giggle at me during bath time. I remember having tea parties with you; you would lay out a blanket and put "the boys," beanie Elmo and Grover, and the rest of your stuffed animals around the blanket and then serve us "tea." You have always had such an uplifting personality--always happy, always smiling. (When I say always--I use that term in the broadest sense, I mean, you are FEMALE, for heaven's sake!)Those milestones that pass--potty training, losing your first tooth, kindergarten, programs you were a part of, junior high, and now...becoming a teenager. All that time that felt as though it was flying by, now seems like a simple blink of the eye--faster than I had even imagined. As a young adult, you have proven yourself kind-hearted, joyful, full of friendship and knowledge. I am so proud of the accomplishments you have made thus far in your life. My heart is full with love knowing that God entrusted your care to me. Me?? How very humbling that is. Many times, I have failed you. Many times, I will fail you. I learn from you each day, and each day, as I pray for your growth and protection, I also pray for the wisdom to guide you in the Way you should go, so that you will not part from it. May God bless you and keep you always. May He direct your path. And most importantly, may God give you a heart that loves HIM. Seek Him out, sweet girl. Only He can see the way clearly. I love you, Daughter. I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - Happy Birthday Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, you are such a great mom... tears of happiness come from your touching words to Lauren. Lauren ~ God gave you a very special mom! ;o)

    p.s. ~ Isn't it awesome of God to put you two for each other!! ;o)

    Love ya'll,
    allie

    ReplyDelete