Wednesday, April 14, 2010

#104/365--New Arm Workout

I can't explain it. If I plan on cleaning, I end up feeling tired, disgusted, lifeless, unwilling...and I don't clean. But oddly enough, sometimes I just...clean. And when it happens naturally, I sort of like it. When cleaning is planned, I feel stressed, on a timeline, overwhelmed. Impulsive cleaning feels rather relaxed and organized. Unfortunately, there's not enough time or energy in my life to impulsively clean on a daily basis, so it happens very randomly. This is why there is inch-thick dust on my dresser and nightstands.

So I thoroughly cleaned my bathroom tonight--when I say thoroughly, I mean completely. Down to the drain on my tub. Yep. You guessed it...another lego sacrificed in battle...but I won't go there.

Instead of doing my usual workout tonight, I figured all my cleaning would burn calories...so, I ran to Target to pick up a few cleaning items that I needed. See, I'm the type of Impulse cleaner that doesn't realize she needs cleaning items until she begins her random impulse cleaning. While there, I decided I needed to get a new liner and shower curtain to spruce up my bathroom. (Well, this wasn't random, I'd been thinking about this for some time and it just so happened that there was a curtain that perfectly matched my current bathmat,and I just HAD to get it, right?!)

I'm standing on the tub, putting the new curtain up and I realize that this is a real workout. For the life of me, I cannot get the rings closed. I'm standing there, sweating, pushing my arms together with all my might, and I begin to feel the burn in my triceps. At first I'm getting a little irritated. You can hear me, right? "Are you KIDDING ME?" "REALLY?!" "SERIOUSLY?!" "Who made these things?" And then I start to think to myself..."hey...wait a second...THIS is a workout!!"


3 comments:

  1. Love this post!!!! Made me laugh! Glad you got your workout in too. I'm the same way. If I'm not in the mood, I do a half-assed job but when I'm in the zone, step back people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Nicely done. Cleaning is relaxing to me too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all have to say I too am an impulse cleaner!

    Secondly, I have that same bath curtain and bath mat!!

    ReplyDelete