Monday, March 29, 2010

#88/365--No Bake Flake

I am celebrating the Jewish holiday of "Feast of Unleavened Bread"--I've been studying the Hebrew roots to the Christian faith and find it very interesting. It's sort of like an onion--the more you peel away, the more layers you find, and thus a deeper meaning. So in celebration, you are suppose to get rid of all the leavening in your home and eat unleavened products from the night of Passover and for 7 days following. So I attempted to make some 'No Bake' cookies so we would have something to snack on around here. The recipe flopped. The no-bake cookies were sticky and gooey and you had to use a spoon to eat them...so, in the trash they went. :( Maybe I'll try again...(This picture is gross, I realize that...but...it is what it is...)

4 comments:

  1. I was intrigued by the picture and thought it was going to be the opposite... looks strange but tastes GREAT! Well, better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, better luck next time. If it flops again, maybe try it on ice cream as a topping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pioneer Woman is doing Passover Dishes on her cooking blog!

    ReplyDelete