Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#41/365--Flabbergasted

This is Mikey in his shirt that he painted for the Vocabulary Parade. "Flabbergast: To overcome with amazement." :)


So, at dismissal today, my co-worker and I stood, flabbergasted, at the traffic situation in the front of our school. Upon her suggestion, I took this picture of our parking lot--unfortunately, it is a moment of calm. If only I could have captured the *ahem* busier moments today...I think Joanne stated it perfectly...we were simply, "flabbergasted."

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Well it looks simply deserted in that pic. If only everyone could have seen the large groups of children crossing the street (not at the crosswalk of course) in front of cars being driven by parents who had more important things to worry about than hitting a child with their car as they sped furiously out of the school parking lot while texting on their cell phone with a two year old in the front seat holding the baby hanging out of the window. Okay, so maybe it wasn't THAT bad but I'd be lying if all of those things aren't things we see on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...Okay...I'll get off of Facebook when I'm in the school parking lot...LOL Actually, when I end up picking up the kids right after school, I get so stressed out with all the traffic in that parking lot. I'm already a bad driver so it's probably a good thing my kids don't get picked up until about 4:30.

    ReplyDelete