Monday, February 22, 2010

#53/365--Experimental Cooking

I tasted this recipe when my friend, Allie made it for a church fellowship one afternoon. It is originally called "Tamale Round-About," and it's really yummy. I asked Allie to send me the recipe. Having wanted to try it for nearly a month or so now, and having purchased (or so I thought) all the ingredients, I proceded to take another look at the recipe to familiarize myself with it. It was at this point, I realized I didn't have all the "correct" ingredients. I'm known for messing with recipes to make them my own, anyway, so...off I went to the kitchen to tweak this one. Call it lazy...or call it creative...but usually my food turns out pretty good. (Now, I won't call myself a chef or an ace in the kitchen...or even domestic by any means...but I can alter a recipe).


Here's what I made--oh, and I "altered" the name a bit, since I didn't follow the exact recipe (which can be found by googling it--it's a "Pampered Chef" recipe).
Taco Round-About
ground turkey meat--browned and taco seasoning added
two packages of cornbread mix (mixed but not yet baked)
cheese, shredded
Layer in bundt pan:
cheese, meat, cornbread batter, cheese, meat, cornbread batter
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes (or so)
serve with Mexican rice and/or refried beans.
Also--if I had had salsa, sour cream, chopped tomatos, or guac, that would have been yummy.


After Lauren's first bite, she exclaimed, "Man this stuff is YUMMY!" And as you can see by Mikey's plate...he rather enjoyed it, as well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well I am going to the grocery store today. Dare I try it?! I would love it if Emily loved it! Thanks for a new recipe idea!

    ReplyDelete