Saturday, January 23, 2010

#22/365--Commute

Last night, I drove up to my sweetheart's house to celebrate (for the 2nd night) our 2 year anniversary. I actually took about 40 pictures yesterday, so choosing which one to use was a little difficult. Mike lives about 45 miles from where I live and it can take anywhere from 35 minutes to a little over an hour to get there, depending on traffic. Yesterday, I left right at the heart of the evening rush hour, and so it took a little longer to get there.



As I was stuck in traffic at the 114/121 interchange (which is usually the bottleneck spot), I took a few pics. It's a great spot for pics, since you can see the airplanes coming in to DFW. Some of them get really low. Also, there are some really beautiful trees standing out in the middle of the highways. I did take some pictures of those types of things, along with some interstate signs, signs on the backs of trucks...toll plazas...but this picture sort of stood out to me. I just like the way it came out. Maybe someday, there will be no more "commute..."

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture - you see the sunset in the mirror - your are coming away from where you been - single life to hopefully married life as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! You are quite the iphone photographer! Here's to no more commute for either of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo--wasn't my iphone--it's my camera that I got for Christmas from my sweetie! ;)

    ReplyDelete