Tuesday, January 12, 2010

#12/365--Remembering


Ok, so it's not a picture I took today. I have to admit I'm having a hard time being "original" and finding new things to take pictures of. So It's 10:23p.m. and I wanted to take a picture of some of my favorite women on the planet tonight---my girls, whom I spend most every Tuesday with...and I realized that I forgot.

I began searching through my pictures to see if I had any to use and decided upon this one. Two of the best parents on the planet. I could not have been blessed with better! This time of year, I'm missing my dad. It's almost been 3 years since he passed away. I thought I'd share his picture with my "readers." I could go on and on about him...He was my dad.

A psychologist, an instructor of Psychology, an ace bowler, a softball ump who called my strikes, a lover of fried bologna, a lover of circus peanuts (the orange marshmellowy ones), a thinker, a learner who encouraged learning, a reader of behavioral psychology books, a wise miser, a counselor, someone I could talk to--or not talk to, someone who made me think I had super powers when I was a kid...He believed in me and made me believe in myself. He thought I was beautiful. He was so proud of me and let me know that in no uncertain terms. He encouraged me, he admonished me and loved me through my mistakes. He gave me unlimited amounts of grace and mercy when I screwed up (and man, did I ever screw up...)My dad gave me a beautiful picture of what my Father in heaven is like....I have been blessed.

6 comments:

  1. Never will I forget the years of growing up together & the best impression of your Dad you would do even in front of him. He was always one of my other dads. Thanks for the memories! Love you girl! - Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What words can I comment on thru the tears of a smile?.. wow, what an honest, lovely testimony of a great father...because I did not know him in the way back years of your life but I see the result of what he help raise in you and it is beautiful! I love you friend thanks for sharing! ~ Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have tears in my eyes.
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post! I've added you to my favorites!

    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  5. We met him twice and that was enough to know what a great person he was. Philip talked about him all night long that day we were at the pool party. Thank you for letting us be part of that day and having the great pleasure of meeting such a great person.
    - Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- especially that last line- poetry.

    ReplyDelete